My Favorite Pregnancy Products – Part I

13 Feb

I’m giving awards to my favorite pregnancy products. My first award goes to Howling Wolf Herbs Energy Herbal Tea for Pregnancy (red raspberry leaf tea).

Since June of 2010, I have attended approximately 45 or so births (I’ve kinda lost count, so I’m not exactly sure anymore). Around 30 of those being at the birth center where I work as an assistant to the Nurse Midwives.  As a Birth Assistant, directly after the birth of the baby, I massage mom’s uterus (a woman’s uterus should feel like a ruby-red grapefruit after giving birth) and I observe of the amount of postpartum bleeding she has (I know glamorous, right?).

I have noticed a pattern, without fail, the moms that drink plenty of red raspberry leaf tea throughout their third trimester have a very small amount of blood loss in comparison to those who don’t drink it. I mean, scant. Barely there. Did you really just have a baby 30 minutes ago? Aren’t you supposed to be bleeding?

Red raspberry leaf tea is what I would call a uterine tonic, it has been known to strengthen the muscles of the pelvis and uterus helping them contract more efficiently during labor.  In addition, and the real reason I’m writing about this is, red raspberry tea leaf can promote better blood circulation, which is useful in preventing postpartum hemorrhage. Isn’t that a nice bonus? It can also reduce the total amount of time a woman experiences postpartum bleeding, which typically last between 4-8 weeks. (UGH!)

The reason I like Howling Wolf’s Tea is that it tastes GOOD, I mean so good. Plus, the quality of the tea is excellent and the price fair. Currently, I’m drinking about 25 ounces a day. I make a large batch about once a week and drink it cold – it’s so refreshing! If you are pregnant, and near your third trimester, I encourage you to start drinking Howling Wolf’s Energy Herbal Tea!

About these ads

13 Responses to “My Favorite Pregnancy Products – Part I”

1. Cindy Lewis February 13, 2011 at 9:09 pm #

Is this tea sold in stores?

• Joy February 13, 2011 at 9:27 pm #

Unfortunately, it’s not sold in stores that I know of. I know Regina has her products available at some birthing centers, but you can order it online, her shop is just outside of denton though. Click on the Howling Wolf Herbs links that I included in the post above and it will take you to her online store. Or if those links don’t work you can find her store online at: http://www.howlingwolfnatural.com/

2. Wendy Fowler February 13, 2011 at 9:48 pm #

So Joy, are there benefits of RRL tea for women who are not pregnant nor planning to become pregnant? I wonder what it does for women during their periods? Do you know?

• Joy February 13, 2011 at 11:42 pm #

Good question, from what I understand RRL is also known to hep regulate menstruation as well as relieving some of the discomforts of cramps. I’ve also read that it can help relieve symptoms of PMS and it can be used post menopause to increase uterine tone.

However, this sums it up best, “To further support women’s health, Red Raspberry is said to relieve heavy cramping during menstruation. The ferulic acid content in the herb is said to be a uterine relaxant, stimulating the muscles that support the uterus and allowing for easier menstrual flow. It is thought to help relieve premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and also reduce excessive menstrual bleeding. There are reports that Red Raspberry may also help to alleviate hot flashes during menopause and that it is a natural estrogen promoter.” Taken from here: http://www.herbalextractsplus.com/red-raspberry.cfm

Impressive little plant!

• wendy February 15, 2011 at 8:52 am #

Great! I think I’ll experiment with it this month and see what happens! Thanks for looking that up!

• Joy February 16, 2011 at 12:15 am #

Cool. Let me know how it works for you.

• Alison July 20, 2012 at 8:21 am #

I was going to ask the exact same question. I just got my period back after 19 months (go breastfeeding!!) and it is terrrrrriiiiiible. Bad cramping, way more heavy than I remember, and just all around stupid :) Think I’m gonna head to Inanna and get some tea. Thanks for such a timely article, Joy!!

3. Kelly Rae July 19, 2012 at 5:53 pm #

Love Red Raspberry leaf tea-it also tastes delicious. I added a little soy milk…it reminded me alot of black tea :-)

• Juli July 22, 2012 at 12:34 pm #

I tried clicking on the link you provided and there is a messages saying they closed the page for manufacture issues :( I wish there would be another option to find or make the red raspberry tea

4. www.redappledating.com July 23, 2014 at 5:42 pm #

Wonderful beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your web site,
    how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account aided me a appropriate deal.
    I have been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided vivid clear idea

5. Book of Ra Download Free July 24, 2014 at 1:53 pm #

Nice blog here! Additionally your website a lot up fast!
    What host are you the use of? Can I am getting your affiliate link to
    your host? I desire my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

6. peachandthistle.com July 25, 2014 at 7:05 am #

Hi my loved one! I want to say that this article is amazing, nice written and include almost
    all important infos. I would like to look more posts like this .

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. I Encapsulated My Placenta | Pictures Included « The Joy of This - November 5, 2012

[...] a strong amniotic sac). I also used a liquid prenatal vitamin called Natures Plus and drank red raspberry leaf tea in large quantities. I’m not sure if my choice of prenatal and RRL had anything to do with [...]