As I spend time thinking about what my second labor will look like, I’m reflecting a lot on my first one. I was nine days past due, my labor was ten hours, start to finish. Zoe was OP – which gave me a good dose of back labor (I had bruises the next day from all the counter pressure I asked my husband to apply to my back with a rolling-pin.) I pushed for 27 minutes and my daughter graced me with a compound presentation that gave me a second degree tear on my labia. Nice, huh. And yes, I just said “my labia” on the world-wide inter-webs.
In preparation for labor number two, I’m thinking about some of the changes I want with my second one. There aren’t many but I will have a doula present and possibly a birth photographer, I’ll visit a chiropractor as much as I can my third trimester and I will give some thought to what I will labor in – rather than wearing just what I have on the moment my contractions start, which was, with Zoe, a sundress and an old white tank top.
By the time my labor kicked into high gear, the sundress was rumpled on the floor, I had on a pair of very un-sexy Depends, socks and my grubby white tank. I was looking about as unglorious as can be with mascara smudges under my eyes and a bird’s nest for hair. The truth is, in the moment, I didn’t care, the look actually went really nicely with my rocking on all fours and my low moose-like bellowing, but today, looking at the pictures – oh boy…
In celebration of that whole “I’m busy birthing a baby look,” I’m giving away a very cool birthing skirt. It is a brand spanking new Binsi Prima Mama Birth Skirt, size medium in the lily print. The skirt is really, really pretty. I’m almost too attached to it to give it away! This A line skirt has a draw string and slits up the side with snaps all the way down the front, for ease of removal. It was designed by a doula and mother with laboring women in mind! See further description below.
For a chance to win your Binsi Prima Momma Birth Skirt please leave a comment below telling me where you are planning on having your birth.
The contest will close at the end of Friday, November the 12th, at the stroke of midnight! The winner will be chosen by random.org’s sequence generator. If the first number chosen doesn’t qualify (the commenter didn’t follow the rules, the comment is a response from me, etc.) I will move on to the next number until I find a winner. Please make sure that you’ve signed in to the comments section with a valid email address, so that I can contact you if you win. If you don’t win, stay tuned for another great giveaway coming soon!
Don’t be shy! Here are some ways to earn extra entries*:
- Tweet this contest for one entry.
- Post this contest on Facebook for one entry.
- Subscribe to this blog, The Joy of This, for one entry (If you already subscribe post a comment saying that.)
- Blog about this giveaway with a link back here for one entry.
*Each entry needs its own comment. Unfortunately, I cannot accept combined entries as more than one entry. For example, sending in one entry that says you blogged and tweeted about this post will only count as one entry
- Side slits for movement and a super sleek look!
- Bend, sit,or squat as needed without an ounce of extra material to get in the way!
- Under-belly fit. Made for monitoring and stays off sensitive skin during contractions.
- Adjustable drawstring. Grows as you grow, and then shrinks back too.
- Front snaps allow for a better fit and ease when removed.
- Ideal for home or hospital births.
- Don’t just wear it for your birth! It’s great for everything from prenatal appointments and yoga to a walk in the park.